Pre & Post Natal Health Checks
Did you know that your pelvic floor muscles stretch up to 3.5 times their normal length during birth? We are here to help you stay as healthy as possible pre & post-natal. Understanding appropriate exercises and muscle strength during each stage of pregnancy helps ensure that both the parent and baby are safe and healthy. We ensure the success of your post-natal recovery so you can enjoy your life as a parent.
Pre-Natal Body Checks
Helping you to maintain a fit and healthy pregnancy:
- Education on appropriate exercise at every stage of pregnancy
- Education regarding the pelvic floor and preventing post-natal incontinence
- Exercise rehabilitation programs to prevent back pain and pelvic pain
- Preparation for labour techniques
Post-Natal Body Checks
Answering the unanswered questions from your 6-week GP check:
- How strong is my pelvic floor?
- Do I have abdominal separation?
- How do I safely return to exercise?
- How can I optimise healing of my c-section scar?
We address all of these questions and more in our Post-Natal Body Check appointment. Book online today.
- Management of aches and pains in pregnancy through massage, joint mobilisation, dry needling and a home exercise program
- Preparation for labour through breathing techniques, massage, relaxation and advice regarding the use of a TENS machine
- Pelvic floor check and exercises to prevent and treat incontinence
- Pregnancy massage
- Pelvic floor re-education for incontinence, prolapse, pelvic pain or perineal tearing during delivery
- Post-natal abdominal retraining with real time ultrasound for weakened abdominal muscles, diastasis and following C-section delivery
- Individualised and safe ‘return to exercise’ programmes
- Treatment for aches and pains post pregnancy, including advice for
breast-feeding and carrying positions