Women’s Health Physiotherapy
At QV Physiotherapy, we cater to women at every stage of life, from pre or post-natal through to managing the natural and unexpected challenges that occur as we age. Wherever you are, we are here to help you through this time. Our experienced women’s health physiotherapists provide expert treatment and thorough assessment ensuring that you can live the life you want.
Our women’s health
service is run by Laura
After completing a Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Hons) at the University of Melbourne in 2012, Laura then went on to complete comprehensive additional Women’s Health training in London under the largest and most successful private women’s health team in the UK. She recently joined QV Physiotherapy to grow a service area treating women with common and bothersome issues that can occur over their lifespan; from pre and post-natal conditions through to pelvic floor issues, pelvic pain, and general musculoskeletal injuries. Laura has also been teaching mat work and equipment-based Pilates classes for over seven years and is a fully certified APPI Pilates Instructor.
Pregnancy Related Conditions
Did you know that regular pelvic floor training whilst pregnant can significantly reduce the risk of incontinence postnatally? Interestingly, studies have also shown that approximately 30% of women perform a pelvic floor activation incorrectly when prompted.
Laura can help you identify if you are doing your pelvic floor exercises correctly and prescribe a home exercise program to keep your pelvic floor as strong as possible throughout your pregnancy.
- Management of aches and pains in pregnancy through massage, joint mobilisation, dry needling and a home exercise program
- Preparation for labour through breathing techniques, massage, relaxation and advice regarding the use of a TENS machine
- Pelvic floor check and exercises to prevent and treat incontinence
- Pregnancy massage
- Pelvic floor re-education for incontinence, prolapse, pelvic pain or perineal tearing during delivery
- Post-natal abdominal retraining with real time ultrasound for weakened abdominal muscles, diastasis and following C-section delivery
- Individualised and safe ‘return to exercise’ programmes
- Treatment for aches and pains post pregnancy, including advice for
breast-feeding and carrying positions