Pregnancy Related Issues:
Aches and Pains associated with pregnancy or the postnatal period. E.g. Pelvic Girdle Pain, Rib Pain, Back Pain, Sciatic Pain, Carpal Tunnel syndrome & Neck pain
Continence E.g Stress Urinary Incontinence, Bladder Urgency, Faecal Incontinence, Constipation & Prolapse symptoms
Did you know that regular pelvic floor training whilst pregnant can significantly reduce the risk of incontinence postnatally? Interestingly, studies have also shown that approximately 30% of women perform a pelvic floor activation incorrectly when prompted.
We can help!
Pre-Natal Treatment can Include:
- Management of aches and pains in pregnancy via massage, joint mobilisation, dry needling and a home exercise program
- Preparation for labour via breathing techniques, massage, relaxation and advice regarding the use of a TENS machine
- Pelvic Floor Check and Exercises to prevent and treat incontinence
- Pregnancy massage
Post-Natal Treatment Can Include:
- Pelvic floor re-education for incontinence, prolapse, pelvic pain or perineal tearing during delivery
- Post Natal abdominal retraining with real time ultrasound for weakened abdominal muscles, diastasis and following C Section Delivery
- Individualised and safe ‘return to exercise’ programmes.
- Treatment for aches and pains post pregnancy, including advice for breast-feeding and carrying positions